- 1998 – Victoria University of Wellington
- 2000 – University of Sydney
- 2001 – University of Western Australia
- 2003 – University of Melbourne
- 2005 – University of Auckland
- 2007 – University of Adelaide
- 2008 – University of Tasmania
- 2011 – University of Otago
- 2013 – Monash University
- 2015 – University of Queensland
- 2017 – Victoria University, Wellington
1998 – Victoria University of Wellington
The First Conference of ANZAMEMS was held at the Victoria University of Wellington in 1998.
2000 – University of Sydney
The Second Conference of ANZAMEMS was held at the University of Sydney in 2000.
2001 – University of Western Australia
The Third ANZAMEMS Conference, Metamorphoses — Peoples, Places, Times, was held at the University of Western Australia in Perth in July 2001. The programme for this conference has been archived here as a PDF file (366KB).
A closely related conference, Cultural Encounters in the Indian Pacific Region, 1200-1800 was also held in Perth on 10-13 July 2001 under the aegis of Parergon. The programme for this conference has been archived here as a PDF file (193KB).
2003 – University of Melbourne
Memory and Commemoration: the Fourth Conference of ANZAMEMS was held at the University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, from February 5-8, 2003. The Conference Web site has been archived by the Internet Archive.
2005 – University of Auckland
Old Worlds, New Worlds: the Fifth Conference of ANZAMEMS was held at the University of Auckland from 2 – 5 February 2005.
2007 – University of Adelaide
The Sixth Conference of ANZAMEMS as held at the University of Adelaide, South Australia, 7-10 February 2007. Co-convenors: Dr Heather Kerr and Dr Lawrence Warner.
Professor Jaynie Anderson, University of Melbourne, author of Tiepolo’s Cleopatra (Palgrave Macmillan, 2003); Judith (Éditions du Regard, 1997) Giorgione: The Painter of Poetic Brevity (Flammarion, 1997).
Professor John Ganim, University of California-Riverside , author of Medievalism and Orientalism (Palgrave Macmillan, 2005), Chaucerian Theatricality (Princeton UP, 1990), and Style and Consciousness in Middle English Literature (Princeton UP, 1983).
Dr Vanessa Harding, Birkbeck College London, author of A Short History of Early Modern London (Cambridge UP, 2005); The Dead and the Living in London and Paris, 1500-1670 (Cambridge UP, 2002).
Professor David Wallace, University of Pennsylvania, author of Premodern Places (Blackwell, 2005); The Cambridge History of Medieval English Literature (ed.; Cambridge UP, 1999); and Chaucerian Polity: Absolutist Lineages, Associational Forms in England and Italy (Stanford UP, 1997).
2008 – University of Tasmania
ANZAMEMS Conference 2008: Alter Orbis
The 7th Biennial International Conference was held at the University of Tasmania, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia, 2-6 December 2008.
Keynote speakers: Mary Carruthers, Conal Condren, Ruth Evans, Edward James, Rodney Thomson.
Elizabeth Freeman and Jenna Mead
Conference Web site: http://www.anzamems2008.utas.edu.au
2011 – University of Otago
ANZAMEMS Eighth Biennial International Conference, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand, 2-5 February 2011
- Professor Alastair Minnis (Yale University)
- Professor Michael Hunter (Birkbeck College)
- Emeritus Professor Peter Matheson (University of Otago)
- Professor Dauvit Broun (Glasgow University)
Conference Website: www.otago.ac.nz/mems/anzamems
- Dr Simone Celine Marshall
- Dr Judith Collard
- Professor Peter Anstey
For a report on the recent conference in Otago, by participants Julie Ann Smith (University of Sydney) and Eva Schlotheuber (University of Düsseldorf), please visit the Institut für Geschichtswissenschaften’s website.
2013 – Monash University
ANZAMEMS Ninth Biennial International Conference, Cultures in Translation
Caulfield Campus, Monash University, Melbourne, 12-16 February 2013
- Chris Baswell (Columbia University)
- Anne Dunlop (Tulane University)
- John Najemy (Cornell University)
- Charles Zika (University of Melbourne)
Dr Carolyn James and Dr Clare Monagle
2015 – University of Queensland
ANZAMEMS Tenth Biennial International Conference
The University of Queensland, 14-18 July, 2015. The conference was followed by a PATS on the 20 July, 2015.
- Professor Alexandra Walsham (Cambridge)
- Professor Laura Knoppers (Notre Dame)
- Professor Jessie Ann Owens (UC Davis)
Dr Dolly MacKinnon
2017 – Victoria University, New Zealand
ANZAMEMS Eleventh Biennial International Conference
Victoria University, Wellington, New Zealand, February 7-10, 2017. The conference was followed by a PATS on the 11 February, 2017.
- Associate Professor Erin Griffey (University of Auckland)
- Professor Martha Howell (Columbia University)
- Professor Lorna Hutson (Oxford University)
- Professor Cary Nederman (Texas A&M University)
Conference Convenor: A/Prof Sarah Ross
Photos from the first day of the Conference (Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo):