Parergon, the journal of the Australian and New Zealand Association for Medieval and Early Modern Studies (Inc.), seeks nominations for interested early career scholars who are members of ANZAMEMS to participate as members of the 2019 Early Career Researcher (ECR) Committee. The aim of this committee is to recognise and support early career researcher contributions to ANZAMEMS, and specifically, Parergon.
The ECR Committee will meet quarterly, and offers an opportunity to provide advice to the Editorial team and gain a deeper understanding of the detailed intellectual and practical processes of production of a prestigious, peer-reviewed scholarly journal.
Additionally, participation in the ECR Committee will provide valuable service experience for those interested in pursuing academic and publishing career pathways. Membership of the ECR Committee is not a paid position.
A maximum of 5 places are currently available for the 2019 ECR Committee.
Terms are for a calendar year, with a possible maximal renewal of an additional, immediate year.
Nominations are sought from late-stage doctoral students through to those five years post PhD or equivalent), who are current members of ANZAMEMS.
Applications should consist of a CV, and a covering email outlining disciplinary expertise to the Editor of Parergon, email@example.com
Doctoral students wishing to apply should also provide an email from their supervisor indicating support for their application.
Nominations close on 15 February 2019. Successful candidates will be notified in early March.
- Candidates are expected to be available to make 4 meetings a year in person or by skype/zoom link.
- No prior experience is necessary
- The Editorial team will seek to achieve a broad disciplinary spread among the committee.
Australian and New Zealand Association for Medieval and Early Modern Studies Parergon Early Career Research Committee Terms of Reference
The Committee’s purposes are:
- to provide advice to the Editor and Reviews Editor on the content, production and promotion of Parergon
- to give the opportunity for early career researchers to gain experience in the intellectual and practical processes of production of a high-quality international peer-reviewed journa
- to support the aims of the association with regard to the publication of its journal
The members of the Committee are:
- The Parergon Editor
- The Parergon Reviews Editor
- Up to 10 persons appointed by the Editor and Reviews Editor for one year.
Persons appointed in category 2.3:
- must be members of ANZAMEMS; and
- must be early career researchers (within five years of achieving a doctoral qualification) or currently enrolled doctoral students (with support of a doctoral supervisor)
- are eligible for reappointment for a further term of one year.
- The Parergon Editor is the Chair of the committee.
- The Committee normally meets quarterly
- The Committee reports through the Editor to the ANZAMEMS Editorial Sub-Committee