LIMINA: A Journal of Historical and Cultural Studies upcoming conference entitled ‘Home: Belonging and Displacement’. This conference is a great opportunity for graduate students and early career researchers to share their research with an interdisciplinary audience. The conference will be held on 26-27th July 2018 at the University of Western Australia in Perth.
Topics may include (but are not limited to):
- The role of the home in society
- Banishment and exile, colonisation and invasion
- Literary portrayals of home
- Hearth and home, food, celebrations, traditions
- Family life, family structure, and kinship
- Homelessness and refugees
- Human and natural disasters’ effects on home
- Gentrification and changing landscapes
- Personal, cultural, and national identity
- Temporal and spatial aspects of home
Deadline for the submission of abstracts (approx. 200 words) is 30th March, 2018.
We are also accepting article submissions for our general edition, which will be published next year. For more information, visit: http://www.limina.arts.uwa.edu.au/future