Penrhos College Head of Music (Commencing 2018)
Penrhos College is a Uniting Church day and boarding school for girls, Pre-Kindergarten to Year 12.
Our purpose is to ‘inspire girls to become extraordinary women’.
Penrhos College has an exciting leadership opportunity for someone with a vision for excellence in music and innovation in teaching practices commencing Term 1, 2018. The College has a well-established and leading Music and Performing Arts program. Areas covered in the Music program include Classroom Music, the Instrumental/Vocal Tuition Program and numerous performance ensembles and choirs. Penrhos College is a leader in music education and performance standards.
The Head of Music will lead a large group of peripatetic instrumental and voice tutors in this important area of the School’s Curriculum. The School’s Piano Accompanist, Teacher/Choir Director and Music Administration Coordinator are also members of the Department.
The load distribution for this 1.0 FTE position will be 0.5 FTE for Head of Department and 0.5 FTE Teaching.
Head of Department positions are placed on four (4) year contracts with renewals in successive four (4) year periods, subject to successful performance in the position and other relevant factors.
Heads of Department play key roles in the development and implementation of innovative academic programs and high quality tuition within the College, which aim to provide students with a wide range of opportunities to achieve their academic potential. This is achieved within a context of providing a high level of professional care and development of staff within their department and to ensure the work environment is positive, fulfilling, and challenging.
The successful applicant will have:
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline and Bachelor of Education or a degree qualification supported by a Post Graduate Diploma of Education.
- Current Crimtrac Police Clearance.
- Current TRBWA Membership including a Working with Children card (WWC).
- Commitment to the College’s Core Shared values of Respect, Integrity, Empathy, Knowledge, Growth and Synergy.
Please address the following selection criteria as a part of your application:
- A variety of teaching experiences across all Secondary School year levels within the Music learning area and in fostering progressive educational pedagogies and phase appropriate practices.
- An academic record which demonstrates an ability to foster personal best and the opportunity to achieve academic excellence, particularly in ATAR level Year 11/12 Music.
- Ability to manage staff and facilitate team work.
- Demonstrated excellence in Leadership skills, initiative and drive.
- Demonstrated Information and Communication Technology (ICT) competence and the ability to integrate ICT into the learning environment to provide opportunity for students to develop 21st Century Skills.
- An excellent working knowledge of the Western Australian Curriculum, WACE Courses and associated pedagogy for delivery of curriculum.
- Experience leading and collaborating with staff and students in a K-12 educational environment.
Please refer to the Position Statement for more information: This can be found on the Penrhos College Website’s ‘Careers’ Section.
Alternatively, please contact Human Resources on (08) 9368 9500.
Applications close 4pm Friday 30 June, 2017.
How to Apply
Your Application must include:
- Cover letter and Selection Criteria: Please combine your cover letter and selection criteria document; stating why you are applying for the position and providing your contact details. Selection Criteria please address the seven marked essential criteria and outline your suitability for the role. Selection criteria can be found on the Position Statement (Maximum 4 pages)
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae outlining your personal details, qualifications (including WWC and TRBWA registration) and relevant work history, education and professional memberships. Relevant work history should commence with the most recent position you have held as well as the dates/period of employment. In the description of your work history give a brief summary of the duties and responsibilities for each of the positions.
- Work-related referees: The names and details of your most recent line managers and two other work related referees, ideally one of which is a peer and the other a sub ordinate who you have either line managed or mentored.
- Submission of Application: When submitting your application please combine your cover letter and resume into one document to upload.
Please send through your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Human Resources Department, 6 Morrison Street COMO WA 6152